Timika Chambers, CDE recommends this nutritious omelet with 5 ingredients. Try her recipe here!
This recipe makes two servings:
- ½ cup fresh mushrooms
- 1 small tomato
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 cups raw spinach (or kale)
- 3 large eggs
- Chop up each veggie to sizes you prefer.
- Whisk eggs in a bowl.
- Add mushrooms, tomato, onions and spinach to a skillet and sauté in 1 TBSP of olive oil. over medium heat.
- Once veggies are cooked, move to the center and pour the whisked eggs over the top.
- Fold and flip as it cooks to make the omelet look the way you want. Cut in half and serve.
For a balanced breakfast, serve omelets with this Strawberry Green Smoothie!
About Timika Chambers:
Timika Chambers is the Founder & President of Fuel Your Core, LLC and is a Certified Integrative Nutrition Health Coach, a trained nurse with over 20 years of experience, and a Certified Diabetes Educator. Timika's areas of expertise include diabetes and lifestyle management; she helps her clients to develop the mindset and lifestyle needed to be the best version of themselves.