Oven Roasted Salmon with Fruit Salsa
Our friend Chef Robert Lewis from The Happy Diabetic has a delicious seafood dish that your family will love. It is low in carbs and high in nutrition, which makes it a perfect meal for anyone, especially if you have diabetes.
To make 4 servings:
- 1/4 c Fresh mango (or use canned)
- 1/4 c Fresh pineapple (or use canned)
- 2 Fresh strawberries
- 1 tsp Fresh lime juice
- 1 TBSP Leaf fresh cilantro
- 4- 6 oz Salmon filets
- 2 TBSP Splenda
- Ground pepper
- Peel and dice the mango and pineapple. Place them into a bowl.
- Add the diced strawberries, lime juice, and cilantro. Set aside.
- Season the salmon with cracked pepper and a dusting of Splenda.
- Place the fish into a non-stick pan lightly coated with canola oil. Place the salmon in a preheated 425-degree oven. Roast for about 10-12 minutes. The cooked fish will be firm to the touch and the internal temperature will be about 120 degrees for medium rare.
- Remove from the oven and let the fish rest for 2-3 min.
- Place the fish on the plate, top with fruit salsa, and enjoy!