Cream Cheese Yogurt Dip
From Timika Chambers, CDE, here is a savory side that is easy to make with just 4 ingredients.
A food processor is a wonderful kitchen gadget to prepare healthier versions of meals and snacks in minutes. This cream cheese yogurt dip is a hit at my home, and no one notices the difference when I add chopped onions and garlic to this dip. Start with this recipe and experiment with adding flavors to find your favorite mix!
- 8oz cream cheese (chef's note: place the package of cream cheese on top of your oven as it preheats to soften and make mixing easier)
- 1 to 2 cups spinach or kale
- 2 TBSP plain yogurt
- grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Optional: sauté spinach with 1 tsp of extra-virgin olive oil. Or, add the spinach right into a glass bowl with the cream cheese, parmesan cheese, and plain yogurt. Mix well.
- For best results, put all ingredients into a food processor and blend them together before placing the mixture in an oven-safe dish.
- Bake the dip for 15-20 minutes. Top with Parmesan cheese for a flavorful top (optional).
Serve with non-gluten chips or bread (not included in nutritional information below). Warm chips go well with the dip. Dip serving size: 1 TBSP.
About Timika Chambers:
Timika Chambers is the Founder & President of Fuel Your Core, LLC and is a Certified Integrative Nutrition Health Coach, a trained nurse with over 20 years of experience, and a Certified Diabetes Educator. Timika's areas of expertise include diabetes and lifestyle management; she helps her clients to develop the mindset and lifestyle needed to be the best version of themselves.