Cinnamon Ice Cream
I have a few custard, sorbet, frozen yogurt and ice cream recipes in the works because it is my absolute FAVORITE dessert!! I crave it, and when I'm eating it, I always want more. There's always room for ice cream. It just fills in the cracks of a full stomach. But, boy, is sugar-free ice cream a hard one to accomplish. Well, this one turned out yummy. Cinnamon has such a warming effect on such a cool treat. Just in time for the leaves changing.
To make 6 servings:
- 1 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup almond milk (Silk original)
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup + 3 tsp. Truvia
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- Pour the cream, milk, Truvia, and vanilla in a medium saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring often, letting it come to a simmer, but not a boil.
- Whisk the egg yolks in a separate bowl.
- Pour a little of the hot milk mixture into the bowl and whisk into the eggs so it will heat the eggs without scrambling them.
- Pour the eggs into the saucepan and cook over low heat for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the cinnamon.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and chill for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Once chilled, pour mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's directions.
About Nikki Sheriff:
Nikki Sheriff is wife and mother. After being diagnosed with type 1 diabetes in 2012 she became determined to find and create delicious recipes that will satisfy her cravings, help her manage blood sugar, and that her whole family will enjoy.
Find her recipes at http://naughtycarbs.blogspot.com
Follow Naughty Carbs on Instagram