I have a few custard, sorbet, frozen yogurt and ice cream recipes in the works because it is my absolute FAVORITE dessert!! I crave it, and when I'm eating it, I always want more. There's always room for ice cream. It just fills in the cracks of a full stomach. But, boy, is sugar-free ice cream a hard one to accomplish. Well, this one turned out yummy. Cinnamon has such a warming effect on such a cool treat. Just in time for the leaves changing.
To make 6 servings:
- 1 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup almond milk (Silk original)
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup + 3 tsp. Truvia
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- Pour the cream, milk, Truvia, and vanilla in a medium saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring often, letting it come to a simmer, but not a boil.
- Whisk the egg yolks in a separate bowl.
- Pour a little of the hot milk mixture into the bowl and whisk into the eggs so it will heat the eggs without scrambling them.
- Pour the eggs into the saucepan and cook over low heat for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the cinnamon.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and chill for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Once chilled, pour mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's directions.