First the good news. The long term health implications of diabetes vary greatly depending on individual management of the disease. Diabetes consists of over 20 different metabolic conditions so what works for one person managing the disease may not work for another. That’s why it’s important for each person to have their own management program individually tailored for them by competent medical professionals.
Don’t assume that just because you have diabetes that you will inevitably experience possible longer term health implications. Lack of appropriate management can result in greatly reduced life expectancy. There are many other possible long term health implications. They include:
- Cardiac problems. Diabetes is one of the leading causes of heart attack and stroke
- Circulatory issues can cause neuropathy, sores and infections
- Eye problems: Diabetes is one of the leading causes of blindness
- Kidney damage: high blood sugar can damage the kidneys, resulting in the need for dialysis or a kidney transplant
- Diabetes is one of the leading causes of non-surgical amputations due to its effects on the immune system
- Digestive problems, constipation and low energy
- Depression has been linked to diabetes
- Some women may have irregular periods and have trouble getting pregnant
- Erectile dysfunction and other sexual health issues
- Diabetes has also been linked to an increased risk of dementia
As you can see, there are many different potential long term health risks associated with diabetes and they can be serious and scary. That’s why Diathrive wants to make sure everyone manages their diabetes by providing hospital quality supplies at wholesale prices. Visit https://diathrive.com/#plans to see if we can help you save money and get enough high quality supplies to keep your blood sugar closely controlled.