Chef Robert Lewis from The Happy Diabetic has a delicious chicken dish that your family will love. With only 19g of carbohydrates, it is a great meal for most people with diabetes.
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 10 pitted kalamata or black pitted olives
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add sliced chicken and sauté about 4 to 6 minutes, until golden.
- Remove chicken from skillet and set aside. Sauté garlic in pan drippings for 30 seconds, then add tomatoes and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Lower heat, add white wine and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add oregano, rosemary, and basil, and simmer for 2 to 3 more minutes.
- Return chicken to skillet and cover. Cook over low heat until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink inside.
- Add olives and parsley to the skillet and cook for 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve.
This dish pairs perfectly with Chef Robert's Roasted Asparagus which you can find here.
Calories: 196, Fat: 8g, Carbohydrates: 19g, Fiber: 0.16g, Protein: 3g