Recipe of the Week: Shrimp Scampi and Tomatoes
Our friend Chef Robert Lewis from The Happy Diabetic has a delicious seafood dish that your family will love. It is low in carbs and very nutritious which makes it a perfect meal for people with diabetes.
Shrimp and tomatoes make a deliciously wonderful pair!
- 1 lb Roma tomatoes; (2-3 tomatoes)
- 2 oz Feta cheese
- 4-5 sprigs of basil; fresh
- 4 T. virgin olive oil
- Dash cracked pepper
- 1 lb large fresh shrimp, raw, deveined
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper 1 fresh lime
- Wash and slice tomatoes crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices, 4-5 slices per tomato. Arrange 2-3 slices on each salad plate.
- Sprinkle the blue cheese on top each tomato.
- Cut fresh basil leaves into strips and top each tomato with basil.
- Drizzle olive oil over the tops and add a dash of pepper.
- Combine the juice of the lime, oil, garlic, and pepper in a large bowl. Add shrimp and toss lightly to coat.
- Heat the grill. Place the shrimp on the grill and cook for approximately 3-4 minutes. Turn the shrimp.
- Place the shrimp on top of the tomato, basil, and Feta cheese.