Mediterranean Chicken from Chef Robert Lewis
In response to a reader's request for gluten-free recipes, Chef Robert Lewis (the Happy Diabetic) shared this fantastic Mediterranean Chicken recipe on his blog. It is a delicious mix of several healthy, hearty ingredients that make a delightful meal for you and your loved ones. Try making it this week!
The recipe serves 4.
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced bell peppers, both red and green
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 4 large mushrooms, diced
- 4-5 large fresh asparagus stocks
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 10 pitted kalamata or black olives
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained
- 1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cooked and sliced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 Tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 Tbsp fresh chopped basil
- 1/8 cup fresh chopped parsley
- pepper to taste
- Cook your chicken completely in a skillet.
- Complete ingredient prep (slicing/dicing of chicken and veggies).
- Preheat your oven to 425°F.
- Lay all of the ingredients (except for the oregano, rosemary and basil) in a 9x12 casserole dish. Be careful not to crowd them.
- Roast for 30 minutes stirring them halfway.
- Add white wine and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add oregano, rosemary and basil. Roast for 2 minutes more.
- Season with pepper to taste, and then serve!