These savory pork chops pair perfectly with a cookout. Try this low-carb recipe this week!
Meats tend to be popular among people trying to manage weight or blood sugar because they are very low-carb foods. They are also high in protein which is an essential nutrient and a great fuel source for our bodies! Meat seems to be most popular during holiday cookouts and summer gatherings.
If you're a meat-eater who's looking for something new to try this week, here's a perfect recipe to start with!
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Truvia (or preferred sugar substitute)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 boneless 8oz. pork chops
- Salt and Pepper
- Combine vinegar, soy sauce, mustard, sugar, and red pepper flakes in a bowl and stir until blended well. Set aside 1 tablespoon of the marinade and refrigerate.
- Place raw pork chops in a resealable bag. Pour the bowl of marinade into the bag with the pork. Seal the bag and turn to coat the pork. Refrigerate in the bag for 2 hours, or up to 24 hours.
- Spray your grill pan with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium-high.
- Remove pork from the bag and discard leftover marinade. Cook the pork chops for 4 minutes on each side. The meat should be just slightly pink in the center. Cook an additional minute on each side if needed.
- Place pork chops on plates and top with reserved 1 tablespoon marinade. Salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with fresh grilled veggies to keep with a low-carb meal, or with potatoes or corn to add some healthy carbs. Enjoy!