Here's a way to make a delicious Cheesy Broccoli Soup, reduced-carb style. Take a look at this amazing recipe from Nikki Sheriff!
I used to not be a big fan of soup when I was a kid, but that all changed when my taste buds grew up. I love some hot soup on a chilly day. It is one of the warmest, most comforting things in the fall and winter, next to curling up by a blazing fire reading a good book or sipping hot cocoa after a day in the snow. And of course, soup is even better when it's creamy and cheesy...
To make about 12 cups
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 lb. bag frozen, chopped broccoli
- 6 cubes chicken bouillon
- 1 pint half and half
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 8 oz. Cheez Whiz
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil in a stock pot. Add the carrots, celery, broccoli and bouillon and boil until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the half and half and butter and let the butter melt.
- Mix 3/4 cup cold water with the cornstarch and then add to the soup.
- Add the Easy Cheese and fresh pepper to taste, and let the cheese melt completely.
- Simmer for at least 20 minutes and then serve.