Cheesy Broccoli Soup
Here's a way to make a delicious Cheesy Broccoli Soup, reduced-carb style. Take a look at this amazing recipe from Nikki Sheriff!
I used to not be a big fan of soup when I was a kid, but that all changed when my taste buds grew up. I love some hot soup on a chilly day. It is one of the warmest, most comforting things in the fall and winter, next to curling up by a blazing fire reading a good book or sipping hot cocoa after a day in the snow. And of course, soup is even better when it's creamy and cheesy...
To make about 12 cups
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 lb. bag frozen, chopped broccoli
- 6 cubes chicken bouillon
- 1 pint half and half
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 8 oz. Cheez Whiz
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil in a stock pot. Add the carrots, celery, broccoli and bouillon and boil until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the half and half and butter and let the butter melt.
- Mix 3/4 cup cold water with the cornstarch and then add to the soup.
- Add the Easy Cheese and fresh pepper to taste, and let the cheese melt completely.
- Simmer for at least 20 minutes and then serve.
About Nikki Sheriff:
Nikki Sheriff is wife and mother. After being diagnosed with type 1 diabetes in 2012 she became determined to find and create delicious recipes that will satisfy her cravings, help her manage blood sugar, and that her whole family will enjoy.
Find her recipes at http://naughtycarbs.blogspot.com
Follow Naughty Carbs on Instagram